The One Who Has to Deal with Other People

If I had it my way, I would probably end up living out in the boondocks like a hermit and avoid as much human interaction as I possibly could. That's a part of me that I know may never actually get to be lived out. Good thing, too, because I know I have been called to interact, live with and shepherd people into the Kingdom of God.

My life is littered with a lot of paradoxes: a love for writing weighed down by frequent writer's block; a love for singing on stage neutralized by an aversion for crowds; a friendly demeanor opposed by this isolationist tendency.

And that is one of my biggest dilemmas.

In last decade of my life I have been ushered into this position of having to address multitudes, correlate with groups of leaders, and mentor several fledgling and maturing followers of Jesus. Part of me embraces this challenge. Another part wants to dismiss it altogether.

Handling people is a fine art. It takes skill. It requires wisdom. It takes a lot of patience... and a truckload of grace. Sometimes I wonder why God would choose me for such an assignment when, in my opinion, there are other, more qualified candidates for the position: I'm too nice; not commanding enough (?); lack (?) the experience... the list goes on.

BUT I'M HERE!

I have to deal with peoples's tardiness. I have to deal with my own dislike for large numbers of people. I have to absorb occasional shocks from troubles individuals. I have to juggle other people's issues along with my own.

I HAVE TO LEARN!

I once told a young man on the verge of his second attempt at suicide to look for other viable options to choose from. I guess it's time to take my own advice and look for choices that will be more in line with this calling God has for my life.

We are, after all, ONE BODY in CHRIST.

.
.
.
.
.

A severed finger cannot do much, if at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris: Cinquième Partie

Letdown

#ChallengeAccepted