Germany


I flew into Frankfurt
One chilly winter day
Knew it would be awesome
Now I have this to say


Deutschland is efficient
At traffic rules and more
Countrysides are verdant
With so much to explore


Smaller towns like Zoblitz
Just made me want to stay
Feeling oh so rustic
I could have slept all day


Marburg, with its castle
Set on a mountaintop
Offered lovely vistas
The wonders never stopped


Giessen is historic
Destroyed in time of war
Heavy bombing happened
In 1944


Then there's the town of Mainz
Where printing press was born
Where flows the river Rhine
It left me all lovelorn


I got lost in Aachen
No net cafes around
All ended in relief
When my host had me found


By Gera, Jena passed
My bus from Chemnitz left
Eight hours on the road
Seared emotional heft


Wunderbares Deutschland
A charming month has waned
There's still more left to see
For now, auf wiedersehen

Comments

  1. Beautiful! The poem and the photos. It made me consider moving Germany up my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The country gives off an orderly, efficient and everything-in-place kind of vibe. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paris: Cinquième Partie

One Change. One Chance.

Letdown