Italy


Its history is visible
Its grandeur is discernible 
Its beauty, inescapable
It's Italy! Desirable!

The stature of cathedrals rule
The mysteries they could unspool
Milano's structure? Truly cool
The city's also worth a drool


'There's nothing common,' Como says
Majestic lake, and mountain tress
A chilly night, I under-dressed
Those giant hands left me impressed


Then a visit to my great-aunt
In lovely Lucca, quaintness flaunts
A walled city where epochs haunt
'You will linger,' this locale taunts


Leaning tower, cathedral dome
World's best pizza call Pisa home
Endless arch ways and streets to roam
Endless as its historic tome

Breezy Brescia begged me to stay
Lofty castle blew me away
Lovely mountains, houses arrayed
I adored her all in a day


The town of Sirmione wows
It is peninsulated now
Blue waters are its castle's grounds
With many treasures to be found


Then there's the home of Juliet
A big arena there is set
In fair Verona love was met
For tourists, poets, residents


And there in Rome this lesson learned
The might of men will always burn
"I came, I saw, I conquered"... earned
But monuments are left in turn


Within the Roman borders stand
The seat of faith, the Vatican
Where saints and sinners comprehend
There is no other God who can


 Of all the sights that I've seen here
There's none like Venice, nothing near
Gondolas and canals appear
Like floating on another sphere


The David, statues carved of old
In Florence, many stories told
Of craftsmanship and arts and gold
And a cathedral to behold


In Casto, climbed the mountains I
Not once, not twice, but more I sighed
Adventures under winter skies
Amico found on rock face climbs


And lastly on Pinzolo's peak
These heights not made for stomachs weak
The snowy slopes of volumes speak
Majestic beauty's what I seek


I Trust And Love You, yes I do
Your beauty's quite hard to elude
Though more to see have I of you
In my dreams you will be pursued

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris: Cinquième Partie

One Change. One Chance.

Letdown