Rambling

When I'm staring at the blank space on my computer screen or on my smart phone, I am always enticed to fill it with words.

The same thing happens when I'm looking at clean, unused leaf of a journal or diary.


There's something so inviting about an empty page just waiting to be saturated with the physical exhibition of my contemplations: it's a call to creativity.


Even the mere exercise of writing one sentence at a time, line by line, filling out the white expanse of a sheet of paper is an allurement to me.


I find pleasure in being able to put together different letters of the alphabet into different kinds of words; and then put those words together into sentences expressing different things; and then string those sentences together in different ways to convey concepts and opinions that range from the simple to complex.


Sometimes, the concept carries me away and I end up spilling my thoughts out freely and continuously. Sometimes, putting in one uncommon word triggers the trickling in of a flurry of other unusual ones that then build up into longer sentences, capturing deeper ideas and expressing more emotions.


There are also moments when

Metered words from rabid pen

Would suffice and sate the prose

Hidden truths in sight exposed



But a limerick!That's something I have to try

Arranging words in a new fashion -- oh my, my

It is still a poem

I'm getting to know 'em

A shot in the arm to the what's unvaried and dry



Or a haiku! Wow!

Trickier and shorter, too

This rambling ends now!


- - - - -


Whew!

Comments

  1. Trying new things, I see. A sonnet for next time, perhaps? 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paris: Cinquième Partie

One Change. One Chance.

Letdown