Prompted: Peaches

My girlfriend gave me a book on writing prompts for Christmas, knowing that I write, just as she does. Today, I was able to take time to stretch some writing muscles with the first of the many prompts in the book, 'A Year of Creative Writing Prompts'.

The first five-minute challenge was to write around the word 'peaches'. This is the result.


Not quite orange, neither yellow
I took a bite; it made me mellow
I'm not much of a fruity fellow
But for peaches? I'll always say "hello!"

Get it fresh from the market
Or from the many aisles of Target
Outside the grocery, vendors park it
Or in a lovely dress, girl, work it!

Mix it with the fluffiness of cream
See it in vivid, colorful dreams
Put in a pie, or a single-hued ream
Splash it on a suit, or hinted at the seams

There's quite a lot to say about peaches
Of softness, sweetness, joy -- it teaches
One taste, and flavor boundaries it breaches
Alluring tint, our senses it reaches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris: Cinquième Partie

One Change. One Chance.

Letdown