Twelve Months Later

Nerves ball up, entangled into knots
Grateful, blessed for what it is I've got
How on earth did all these things line up
Kind of scared I might not be enough

You, so gracious, careful with my heart
Think so oft of how you could impart
Aide in word and deed and all that's good
Back me up in every way you could

I'm excited: what the future holds
Still expecting ways it could unfold
Places, paces, movements in the world
Falling deeper as it all unfurls

You, so soft and gentle to the touch
Here with you, I feel it's all too much
So much more of you yet to explore
There's eight more to pass and not before

That December day is far behind
Stowed away inside my heart and mind
One fine day cascades into a life
Twelve months later: soon be man and wife


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paris: Cinquième Partie

One Change. One Chance.

Letdown